The Planning Team is responsible for implementing City Council's policy through the review of proposed development projects. We provide support to the public, developers, City staff, City Council, and Planning Commission, while ensuring the environmental sustainability of proposed public and private projects.
Apart from processing development applications for both small and large projects, the Planning Team assists the public and those interested in development with any planning related questions or concerns. Planning ensures that the City remains up-to-date in regard to state and federal planning and environmental mandates, and updates planning operations in response to changes in these regulations.
In order to achieve these goals, the Planning Team coordinates meetings of the Planning Commission and assists the Community Enhancement and Safety Division with interpreting Zoning Code in potential code enforcement cases. We strive on enhancing the community while remaining within all state and federal regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the R1 zone:
• If attached it must be 5 feet from side and 10 feet from rear property line. Located in Section 3.2-2 Development Standards Table.
• Also, the homeowner's HOA may require review and approval of patio covers and other improvements to homes.
• RV’s can be parked on the street or in the driveway for a period of not more than 72 hours twice a month for purposes of loading or unloading said vehicle. Located in Section 5.8 of the Zoning Code.
• Also, please be advised that the homeowner's HOA may require review and approval of fences and other improvements to homes. Located in Section 5.8 of the Zoning Code.
• Block parties are in most cases exempt from the requirement to obtain a Temporary Event per Section 1.5.G.5 of the Zoning Code.
• Please be advised that the homeowner's HOA may limit/prohibit signs.
• With the adoption of the updated Zoning Code, commercial businesses can now display a banner for a grand opening, sale, etc.
• Maximum banner size is 32 square feet.
• One banner is allowed per store frontage.
Located in Section 5.7, Table 5.7-1 of the Zoning Code
Please visit the General Plan page to review the Eastvale General Plan.