General Municipal Election - November 3, 2020
The next general municipal election for the City of Eastvale will be held on November 3, 2020 for two City Council seats – Districts 2 and 5.
The City Clerk is the local elections administrator and coordinates with the County of Riverside in the conduct of Municipal elections. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of necessary resolutions calling for General and Special Municipal Elections and declaring the result of the election, the coordination of the candidate nomination process and the receipt and processing of initiative, referendum and recall petitions. Regular elections are consolidated with statewide elections, scheduled on the first Tuesday of November of even numbered years to fill expired City Council terms. All election services are provided according the California Elections Code.
Click here for District Descriptions.
How do I become a Candidate for Eastvale City Council?
Qualifications for Candidacy. To qualify as a candidate for member of the City Council, you must reside and be registered to vote within the jurisdiction at the time nomination papers are issued. More specifically, you must be:
- Be registered voters at their current residence in the City of Eastvale
- Residing in the district in which they are running
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- Not disqualified from holding office by the Constitution or laws of the State of California.
Pre-Nomination Period Activities. Prior to soliciting or receiving any contributions related to candidacy, you must file a Statement of Intention with the City Clerk's Office. There are additional filing requirements dependent on the amount of contributions anticipated to be received. Please contact the City Clerk's Office at (951) 703-4420 if you are planning on soliciting contributions prior to the official filing/nomination period.
Filing Requirements. To become a candidate, you must first be issued Nomination Papers which specifies the office you are seeking. The Nomination Paper filing period will begin on Monday, July 13, 2020 and will close on Friday, August 7, 2020. If an incumbent does not file by August 7, 2020, the filing period shall be extended for all interested candidates other than the incumbent. A Candidate’s Handbook, including an Official Nomination Paper, Candidate’s Statement Form, Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Form 700, Campaign Disclosure Forms, and other information concerning the election will be available by appointment at the City Clerk’s Office beginning July 13, 2020. Please call the City Clerk’s office at (951) 703-4420 to schedule an appointment for issuance of the Candidate Packet and Nomination Papers.
Once you have filed the Nomination Papers, you may not make any changes to it. If you fail to qualify as a candidate, supplemental nomination papers can be issued to you, along with a photocopy of your nomination papers which will show which signatures are valid. There is no extension of the deadline for supplemental nomination papers.
Write-In Candidates. Write-in candidates must file a statement of write-in candidacy, nomination papers and a Statement of Economic Interests, as well as other forms, during the period of early September 2020 through late October 2020. Signatures and voter registration information on the nomination papers will be verified in the same manner as a regular nomination papers. Write-in candidates' names do not appear on the ballot or in the sample ballot pamphlet.
Register to Vote
Eastvale Municipal Code Section 1.02.050 - Use of the Official Seal
- (a) The city seal, inaugural logo, logo, and official name, are for the exclusive use by the city, and their commissions, officials and employees, in the course and scope of their official duties.
- (b) No person shall use or allow to be used the official seal, inaugural logo, logo or official name of the city, or any cut, facsimile, or reproduction of said seal, or make or use any design which is an imitation of said seal or of the design thereof, or which may be mistaken for the seal, inaugural logo or logo of this city or the design thereof, for malicious or commercial purposes, or for any purpose other than for city purposes or for the purposes of any officer, board or department thereof, without the express prior written consent of the city council.
- (c) The city council may authorize the use or reproduction thereof of the official seal, inaugural logo, logo or official name for commercial purposes or for any other use.
- (d) A violation of any provision of this chapter or a failure to comply with any mandatory requirements of this chapter is subject to prosecution as a misdemeanor under this Code and may be enforced through criminal, civil, administrative, injunctive or other relief available by law. Criminal penalties for violations of the provisions of this chapter may result in up to a misdemeanor citation for each day in violation, punishable by a maximum of one-year in jail and a $1,000.00 fine.