Planning is responsible for the implementation of the City Council’s policy direction (including the General Plan and Zoning Code) in large part through the review of proposed development projects.
Planning provides staff support to the City Council and Planning Commission, and coordinates the environmental analysis of proposed public and private projects.
Planning ensures that the City remains up-to-date with regard to state and federal mandates for planning and environmental analysis, and keeps abreast of changes in laws and regulations that affect the City’s planning operations.
The mission of the Planning Department is to provide excellent planning services to the City and the community.
The Planning Department’s day-to-day work includes:
- Processing development applications for a variety of small- and large-scale projects
- Providing assistance to the public and developers on planning issues (Zoning inquiries, review of pre-application projects, etc.)
- Providing assistance to the Planning Commission and coordinating meetings of the Commission (creating and posting agendas, mailing public hearing notices, etc.)
- Assisting the City’s Code Enforcement officer with the interpretation of the Zoning Code as it applies to potential code enforcement cases.
**Planning Department services are provided through a contract with Michael Baker International**
Eastvale Planning: Major Projects Summary (pdf) as of December 2018
The Planning Department now has applications and forms available through our website. They are as follows:
- Planning Department Fee Schedule - Effective November 25, 2013
- Development Impact Fee Schedule - Effective December 2017
- General Planning Application
- Temporary Use/Event Permit Application
- Pre-Application Review
- Lot Line Adjustment Application
- Parcel Merger Application
- Reversion to Acerage Application
- Appeals Application
- Large Family Daycare Application
- Tentative Tract - Parcel Map Submittal Requirements
- Development Review and Conditional Use Permit Submittal Requirements
- General Plan Amendment. Change of Zone and Specific Plan Submittal Requirements
Planning Process Flow Charts:
- Flowchart for Change of Zone
- Flowchart for Conditional Use Permit
- Flowchart for Development Plan Review
- Flowchart for General Plan Amendment
- Flowchart for Large Family Daycare
- Flowchart for Minor Development Plan Review Permit and Adjustment Permit
- Flowchart for Specific Plan
- Flowchart for Specific Plan Amendment
- Flowchart for Temporary Use/Event Permit
- Flowchart for Temporary Event Permit Screening
- Flowchart for Tentative Tract and Parcel Map
- Flowchart for Variance
The City of Eastvale has an Approved Environmental Consultant List (updated May 2018). The list consists of firms have been determined to be qualified to prepare environmental impact reports for the City of Eastvale, and may be selected to perform this work, subject to the requirements of the City’s CEQA Policy. This list is subject to change and updating; there is no closing date for the submittal of qualifications packages by firms wishing to be included on this list.
If you have additional questions and concerns, please contact the Eastvale Planning Department at:
Eric Norris, Planning Director