***City Hall hours are Monday - Thursday from 7:30am to 5:30pm. We are closed on Fridays***

Starting a New Business

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Welcome to the City of Eastvale!  We appreciate your choice in selecting Eastvale as a home for your new business. Here are some important details that might help as you establish your new business.

City staff are available to assist your with the process.  If you have additional questions or concerns, please call: (951) 361-0900.

Business Registration
If you are planning to do business in the City of Eastvale you must obtain a City of Eastvale business registration. All businesses operating within the boundaries of the City of Eastvale are required to register with the City.  

As of Janurary 1, 2018, the initial business registration fee is $114 and $44 for a business registration renewal which includes a $4.00 Certified Access Specialist (CASp) Service fee per state law (SB 1186).  All business registrations need to be renewed annually by March 31st, regardless of initial application date.  The new fee structure is consistent with the findings of the City's recent Fee Study which was adopted by City Council on September 25, 2013.  Failure to receive a renewal notice does not relieve the business owner's responsibility to renew their business registration; nor is it grounds for waiving any penalties due. 

** Please be advised that any fees associated with inspections for compliance with federal, state and local water quality regulations will not be waived for any businesses as those regulations are independent from the City ‘s Business Registration Program. Please visit the Business Registration page for additional program details.  Should you have any questions regarding this program, please email or call (951) 703-4434.

Home Based Businesses and Mobile Businesses
Home occupation businesses and mobile businesses are required to obtain a business registration.  Home based businesses and mobile businesses are not exempt from paying registration fees. 

Planning & Zoning Requirements
Before any new business is established, the business owner should check with the Planning Department. It is important that the category listed in the city general plan and existing zoning on a parcel be verified to determine whether the proposed business use is allowable on the particular parcel before the business owner commits to any long-term lease or property purchase.  The Eastvale Planning Department may be reached at (951) 703-4460 for additional questions or to schedule an appointment with a planner.

Fictitious Business Names
The processing of Fictitious Business Names is done by the Riverside County Clerk-Recorder's Office.  The Riverside County Clerk-Recorder's Office may be reached at (951) 486-7000. Office locations and the on-line name search are available through the Riverside County clerk’s website at

Proof of Publication
State law requires that within 30 days after a Fictitious Business Name Statement has been filed, the registrant shall publish a copy of the statement in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the principal place of business is located. A list is available as a courtesy on the Riverside County Clerk-Recorder's Office website at

Obtain Sales Tax (Reseller's) Permit
You must obtain a seller's permit if you: 1) Are engaged in business in California and 2) Intend to sell or lease tangible personal property that would ordinarily be subject to sales tax if sold at retail. The requirement to obtain a seller's permit applies to individuals as well as corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. Both wholesalers and retailers must apply for a permit.

If you do not hold a seller's permit and will make sales during temporary periods, such as Christmas tree sales and rummage sales, you must apply for a temporary seller's permit. Such permits are normally issued to selling operations lasting no longer than 90 days at one location.  For additional details, please visit the State Board of Equalization website or call 951-680-6400 or 1-800-400-7115.

Do you need to obtain Environmental Health Permits?
Visit the Riverside County Department of Environmental Health website or call 951-358-5172.

*New businesses are expected to meet any state and federal licensing requirements.

  • To verify if a business is currently registered, call 951-361-0900 X 434.
  • To verify if a contract is licensed OR to file a complaint against a contractor contact the Contractors State License Board at 800-321-2752 or
  • Complaints about businesses, unfair services, or poor business practices, contact the Better Business Bureau at 562-216-9240 or

The following is a list of web sites where additional information can be found: