Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Did YOU Know? Animal Control Services

Post Date:05/11/2015 2:00 PM

Did YOU Know that Animal Control services for the City of Eastvale are provided through a contract with Riverside County Department of Animal Services?

Animal Control Officers patrol the City of Eastvale on a regular basis to collect stray and lost dogs as well as address animal control complaints from residents. For additional information about services available through Riverside County Department of Animal Services, please visit their website:

The licensing of dogs is required by State law and County Ordinance. Dog licensing is an integral component of the statewide rabies control effort. All dogs are required to be vaccinated against rabies and licensed at the age of four months. An additional requirement is for licensed dogs to display the license tag at all times. Dogs wearing current tags are held at animal shelters at least ten days so their owners can reclaim them. The Department of Animal Services personnel use the dog license, microchip, and any other owner information to contact the owners of lost animals.

Riverside County Department of Animal Services offers three options to make purchase or renewal of pet licenses convenient for you:
  1. Buy or Renew Your Pet License Online - followed up by an upload, fax, email, or mailed copy of the vaccination and spay/neuter certificate if applicable. You will need to have your rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate with you as you fill out the forms.
  2. Mail Your License Application or Renewal - mail the application with your payment to the address on the Form. Remember to include a copy of the vaccination and spay/neuter certificate if applicable. Download the license application.
  3. Riverside County Shelters. Licensing fees, including late fees can be paid at our Riverside, Thousand Palms and Blythe locations.
*Riverside: 6851 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside CA 92509
Phone: (951) 358–PETS (7387) | Email:

Blythe: 245 S. Carlton, Blythe CA 92225
Phone: (951) 358–PETS (7387) | Email:

Thousand Palms: 72-050 Petland Place, Thousand Palms CA 92276
Phone: (951) 358–PETS (7387) | Email:

What really happens when I don’t license my pet? 
A dog license is required for all dogs more 4 months of age or older, along with proof of current rabies vaccination. This is a state law. This is the bare minimum requirement for dog owners. A dog license for an altered pet is just $16 per year. Pet owners who fail to license their dog can be charged for those delinquent years – and can be charged late fees. Dog owners may face administrative citation fines or a criminal citation up to a misdemeanor as well. 

Special key note: Unincorporated Riverside County and some cities within the county require dogs and cats to be micro-chipped at age 4 months and older. The micro-chip is also required to obtain your dog license as of July 1st, 2013.

My pet needs to get vaccinated. Where do I go? When?
There are many places to get your pet vaccinated. Private veterinarians provide this service. There are several nonprofit organizations that also provide this service (for example, Animal Samaritans in Thousand Palms – located just next door to our county shelter in the Coachella Valley – has low-cost vaccinations). Animal Samaritans does not require an appointment. The county does not have the ability to handle walk-ins for vaccinations. However, the county operates vaccination clinics (often called "shot clinics") at its main facility in Jurupa Valley (6851 Van Buren Blvd., Jurupa Valley, Calif. 92509) on two days each month. The shot clinics run on the first Wednesday evening of every month (beginning at 6 p.m. and handling each and every person that lines up prior to 8 p.m.). The county also operates a shot clinic on the third Saturday of each month (beginning at 10 a.m. and running until 1 p.m.; Pet owners must be in line by 1 p.m. to receive the services). 

One important note we should make here: Our shot clinics are very well attended, so please prepare for a fairly long wait, possibly as long as one to two hours on some nights/days. List of the shots offered and the costs.

Shots & Microchips Offered Every Third Saturday at New Shelter 
The Department of Animal Services is offering low-cost vaccinations and microchipping on the first Wednesday evening of every month (beginning at 6 p.m.) and the third Saturday of every month (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) at the Western Riverside County/City Animal Shelter. 

The shelter is located at 6851 Van Buren Blvd., Jurupa Valley, Calif. 92509 – where Clay Street intersects with Van Buren Boulevard, just north of the Santa Ana River. 

The vaccination/microchipping clinic runs between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. No appointment is necessary. 

The vaccination costs for canines are: 
Rabies: $6 
DHPP: $15 
Bordatella: $12 

The vaccination costs for felines are:
FVRCP: $15 
Rabies: $6 

Microchips: $20 dogs or cats (includes registration and lifetime monitoring)

For additional information about services available through Riverside County Department of Animal Services, please visit their website:
Return to full list >>