General Municipal Election - November 6, 2018
The City Clerk is the local elections administrator and coordinates with the County of Riverside in the conduct of Municipal elections. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of necessary resolutions calling for General and Special Municipal Elections and declaring the result of the election, the coordination of the candidate nomination process and the receipt and processing of initiative, referendum and recall petitions. Regular elections are consolidated with statewide elections, scheduled on the first Tuesday of November of even numbered years to fill expired City Council terms. All election services are provided according the California Elections Code.
FPPC Fact Sheet for Candidates
Running for City Council
Notice of Nominees (coming in August 2018)
Seats up for election in the City of Eastvale:
City Council - 3 Seats (Districts 1, 3, and 4)
2018 FPPC Candidate Election Filings
Path: Eastvale\City Clerk\2018 Campaign Filings
Eastvale Municipal Code Section 1.02.050 - Use of the Official Seal
- (a) The city seal, inaugural logo, logo, and official name, are for the exclusive use by the city, and their commissions, officials and employees, in the course and scope of their official duties.
- (b) No person shall use or allow to be used the official seal, inaugural logo, logo or official name of the city, or any cut, facsimile, or reproduction of said seal, or make or use any design which is an imitation of said seal or of the design thereof, or which may be mistaken for the seal, inaugural logo or logo of this city or the design thereof, for malicious or commercial purposes, or for any purpose other than for city purposes or for the purposes of any officer, board or department thereof, without the express prior written consent of the city council.
- (c) The city council may authorize the use or reproduction thereof of the official seal, inaugural logo, logo or official name for commercial purposes or for any other use.
- (d) A violation of any provision of this chapter or a failure to comply with any mandatory requirements of this chapter is subject to prosecution as a misdemeanor under this Code and may be enforced through criminal, civil, administrative, injunctive or other relief available by law. Criminal penalties for violations of the provisions of this chapter may result in up to a misdemeanor citation for each day in violation, punishable by a maximum of one-year in jail and a $1,000.00 fine.
How do I become a Candidate for Eastvale City Council?
Qualifications for Candidacy. To qualify as a candidate for member of the City Council, you must reside and be registered to vote within the jurisdiction at the time nomination papers are issued. More specifically, you must be:
- Be registered voters at their current residence in the City of Eastvale
- Residing in the district in which they are running
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- Not disqualified from holding office by the Constitution or laws of the State of California.
Private Versus Public. Becoming a candidate for public office means that information about you will become a matter of public record immediately. With a few exceptions, this includes any and all documents submitted to the city during the course of the election. As such, these documents must, by law, be available to the public for inspection and/or copying.
Pre-Nomination Period Activities. Prior to soliciting or receiving any contributions related to candidacy, you must file a Statement of Intention with the City Clerk's Office. There are additional filing requirements dependent on the amount of contributions anticipated to be received. Please contact the City Clerk's Office at (951) 703-4420 if you are planning on soliciting contributions prior to the official filing/nomination period.
Filing Requirements. To become a candidate, you must first be issued a Nomination Paper which specifies the office you are seeking. Candidate nomination papers will be issued between Monday, July 16 - Friday, August 10. You must obtain the signatures of at least 20 and not more than 30 registered voters within the City of Eastvale. A number of additional forms are required to be filed. Please call the City Clerk’s office at (951) 703-4420 to schedule an appointment for issuance of the Candidate Packet and Nomination Paper. Please allow 1-1 ½ hours for this appointment. Once you have completed your Nomination Paper and all other necessary forms please call and make an appointment to submit your paperwork. Upon receipt, the City Clerk's Department will forward your Nomination Paper to the County Registrar of Voters to compare the names, addresses and signatures on your nomination paper with voter registration records. At least 20 must match the records for you to qualify as a candidate.
Regular business hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. In the event that an incumbent does not file Nomination Papers by the filing deadline, the nomination period will be extended for anyone except the incumbent.
Once you have filed the Nomination Paper, you may not make any changes to it. If you fail to qualify as a candidate, a supplemental nomination paper can be issued to you, along with a photocopy of your nomination paper which will show which signatures are valid. There is no extension of the deadline for a supplemental nomination paper.
Write-In Candidates. Write-in candidates must file a statement of write-in candidacy, a nomination paper and a Statement of Economic Interests, as well as other forms, during the period of early September 2014 through late October 2014. Signatures and voter registration information on the nomination paper will be verified in the same manner as a regular nomination paper. Write-in candidates' names do not appear on the ballot or in the sample ballot pamphlet.
Register to Vote:
Voter registration forms are available at all public libraries, post offices and City Hall. To receive a registration form by mail, please call the Riverside County Registrar of Voters office at (951) 486-7200 or the City Clerk's office at (951) 703-4420. Completed registration forms can be hand-delivered to the Registrar's office located at 2724 Gateway Drive, Riverside, CA 92507 or Eastvale City Hall located at 12363 Limonite Avenue, Eastvale, CA 91752 or dropped off in any U.S. mailbox. No postage is necessary.
For additional voter registration information visit www.voteinfo.net
Vote-By-Mail Drop off Site:
Eastvale City Hall is pleased to be a drop off site for Vote-By-Mail ballot holders.
Please remember to sign your ballot envelope. Vote-by-mail ballots may be dropped in the City Hall Ballot Box during regular business hours from 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. City Hall is closed on Fridays.
Have questions or need more information? Please contact the Registrar of Voters: (951) 486-7200 or (800) 773-VOTE (8683)