The mission of the Human Resources Department is to be a strategic partner to other City departments, to deliver quality services and ensure excellent stewardship of City resources, and to develop strategies and deliver programs that foster an equitable and ethical work environment.
The City of Eastvale’s Human Resources Department is responsible for providing comprehensive services to City employees, job applicants, and the local community.
Services provided include:
- Management and administration of employee compensation and benefits
- Fair and consistent recruitment, selection, and retention program
- Providing new employee onboarding, orientation, and job-related training
- Implementation and administration of City personnel policies and programs
- Professional development and training programs offered to City staff
- Maintenance of the City’s personnel records
- Providing guidance and assistance to City departments relative to personnel matters in order to promote effective employee relations
- Administration of performance management and employee recognition programs
- Workers’ Compensation claims management and risk identification
It is also the responsibility of the Human Resources Department to ensure that all City employees are provided with a safe and secure working environment by offering the following Risk Management and Safety services:
- Comprehensive safety training program
- Managing adherence and compliance with state safety mandates as well as the Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Managing the general, auto, and property liability insurance for the City
Integrity - We will strive to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards to ensure trust and credibility in the performance of our mission.
Fairness - We will treat all people in an equitable, dignified and unbiased manner.
Responsible Resource Management - We will serve the organization through productive use of available resources.
Customer Service - We will provide friendly, efficient and competent assistance to all our customers.
Teamwork - We will promise and foster a spirit of cooperation and teamwork among our diverse workforce.
Sensitivity - We will provide services with a sense of empathy, friendliness, accessibility and care for the needs and feelings of our customers.
Responsive to Change - We will proactively manage change with an open mind; seeing it as an opportunity to improve the organization.
Human Resources Development - We will meet the short and long-term needs of the organization through the progressive development of our greatest asset, our employees.