Mayor Ike Bootsma
My name is Ike Carl Bootsma, and I am the 7th child of 9 to be born to immigrant parents from Holland. My father was one of the first Dairymen to settle in the Chino Valley in 1938. All of the children worked the Dairy until they left home. Two of my brothers are still in agriculture.
In 1975 my brother and I started Bootsma Calf Ranch where my wife and I still reside. It started out very small, but ended up with about 8,500 head of cattle. I’m proud to say that how we contracted to raise calves changed the face of how dairies have evolved and how they were able to grow to the size they are today.
When I retired in 2007 and realized that we were about to become our own great city, I decided right then and there that I wanted to be part of that process. I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all of you that placed your faith in me. It has been a wonderful experience and I look forward to continuing to serve you to the best of my capabilities in my future campaigns.
- Delegate, Riverside Transit Agency
- Delegate, Western Riverside Council of Governments
- Eastvale Finance Sub-Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Civic Center/Library Sub-Committee
- Alternate, Eastvale Parks Commission
- California State Polytechnic University Pomona, graduated in 1972 with a Pre-Veterinary degree in Animal Science
- Owner and operator of Bootsma Calf Ranch for 37 years
- Member of the California Beef Council
- Former National Veal Director, NCBA