Keep Cool and Protect Your Health When It's Hot!
Keep Cool and Protect Yourself from the Heat!
Just when we thought the weather was getting a bit cooler, temperatures are rising again in Eastvale!
Community Action Partnership of Riverside County is coordinating Cool Centers for temporary relief from the heat! If you or someone you know is in need of access to a Cool Center, please see the directory Cool Centers For Riverside County.
Here are a few reminders and tips to keep yourself safe and healthy this summer season!
- Stay hydrated! Always remember to drink plenty of water and refrain from drinking caffeine and/or alcohol beverages because it actually makes you more dehydrated.
- To reduce your body from absorbing sweat, wear lightweight and light colored clothing.
- Don't forget to keep your head covered with a hat or to stay in shaded areas to limit sun exposure.
- Remember to apply and REAPPLY sunscreen as needed to prevent sun burn and health risks when outside.
- Slow down and rest! Don't overwork yourself in the heat.
- NEVER leave anyone or any pets unattended in vehicles. Temperatures inside vehicles are much higher than outside.
- Don't forget about your outdoor pets! Provide outdoor pets with plenty of fresh water and shaded areas to rest.
- If available, visit air conditioned public places to stay cool!